Friday, July 24, 2009

Today was a good day of working out. I took yesterday off, so I was determined to do a little more during my training. I ran about 4.3 miles and I walked .7 totaling 5 miles. The start of the run was a little rough; the first mile was extremely difficult. Fortunately I had you guys as motivation. I kind of felt like you all were watching me so I pushed through, when I eventually got my second wind, I worked my way all the way to 4.3. I am beginning to realize that this run is going to take a lot more mental fortitude and strength than I thought. At first I thought it'll be 50% mental and 50% physical, I am beginning to think that it might need more mental strength than physical. Those of you who have done this before, please feel free to weigh in on this, I would love to know what you think the ratio is.  

By the way, I need some advice here guys; while running I sweat so much its almost ridiculous. I don't mean to be gross, but my whole shirt gets so soaked that there is no dry space left on it; also my towel gets so wet I can't use it after a while. Can any runner relate to this? I don't sweat that much regularly. I was so disturbed by it that I went to the sports store today to get a sweat band and following the rep's. advice I purchased an under armor shirt that supposedly cools you down and repels UV rays.

I am a little apprehensive about tomorrow, I'll be running on castle Island with my friend who is the marathon runner, So I know I'll be running faster and a lot farther; I can't wait to tell you guys how that goes. ;-) 

No comments: